Sunday 9 December 2007

Hobby Disasters

This morning my Faema Family espresso machine was not working. This happens with old machines from time to time and as soon as I can buy the parts I'll have it working again. It's pretty hard starting the day without that nice rich shot of Yemen, or Harrar, or whatever it is I have roasted each week.

Mrs Grendel on the other hand has no such problem with her hobby - it seems that the scrapping tools serve multiple purposes and looking around the room right now I am trying to see if there is anything with which she could not do without - in the short term.

Are there any scrapping essentials without which the scrapping hobby is brought to a total and complete grinding halt?

9 comments:

Scrappydo said...

"Mojo"..... no mojo, no scrapping!

Anonymous said...

and I'm guessing that you think we are brave enough to tell you and face the "wrath of scrapbooker??"

"Grendel" said...

Mojo? Isn't that a desert in New Mexico?

Anonymous said...

Needle-nosed forceps, or for the technically minded - pointy tweezers. The scrapper might find them great for positioning all that technicolor embelishments, but for the scrapbook widower you can't beat them for getting the dirt out from under your fingernails...

Scrappydo said...

I think that desert is the Mojave (which will be spelt entirely incorrectly by me because to tell the truth, I can't be bothered looking up in my atlas....sorry)
I'm pretty sure that the modern day "mojo" refers to the inspiration or even inclination to actually scrap.

Morti said...

Nope - it has to be when you run out of Double Sided Tape....

DeeDee said...

Without adhesive the will to live is useless. ;)

Minda said...

adhesive, otherwise known as glue or tape.

Minda said...

and actually, mojo is a very COURSE term used to describe a black mans pouch of voodoo which informs his level of sexual prowess and desire. Why the friggin' scrapworld has adopted it as a way to say inspiration I will never know, I flinch every time!