Wednesday 5 March 2008

The Church of the One True Scrapper

And while on the subjest of religious affiliation. . .

I note that members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints (more conveniently called 'Mormons') are very, very fond of Genealogy.

They certainly have extensive databases dedicated to collecting and recording family details. Thus it should be no surprise at all that they also feature heavily in the scrapping world.

In fact the Mormon Church seems ready made for scrapbooking with large families, acceptance of technology (Amish scrapping must be hard!) and a disavowal of alcohol and other intoxicants that might otherwise provide some distraction to the busy life of a Mormon Saint.

I have one question here - at EVERY scrapbooking event I have heard of or seen, the scrappers consume more coffee and tea than an army battalion on winter manoeuvres - and yet, the Mormons don't.

How do they do it?

Does it influence the scrapping style?

Are the allowed to scrapbook the visit to the Temple in Utah?

Even the secret bits?

At this point I had an overwhelming desire to add a joke about how Mrs Grendel NEVER scrapbooks my secret bits - but I was good and didn't.

Or did I?

4 comments:

Amy Marie said...

i'm sure my husband is eternally greatful that i've never scrapped his secret bits... Thanks for keeping the laughs coming.

Christeph said...

Or maybe she has scrapbooked your secret bits and you just don't know it yet....lol!

Anonymous said...

ahahahah i dont know about that. I would check to make sure its not in a hidden journaling pocket somewhere lol

Chrissie said...

Bwaahaaaahaaa! Haven't read your blog for ages (been AWOL) but dipped in today and you've already got me laughing.

As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and a non-coffee drinker whilst scrapping, I would say that the only effect I've noticed is that we go to bed at sensible o'clock and the scrapwomen drinking cups of Joe go to bed at stupid o'clock. Sensible...stupid...sensible...stupid...

I have already scrapped visits to one of the temples in Utah, and temples in other parts of the world as well. But not the secret bits. For they are secret and I must never tell you coffee-drinking philistines, even in the form of paper and glue *wink*

And anyway...the goat and the sacraficial virgins kept running off with my scissors... *Rats! Let the cat out of the bag...*

Would quite like to see your secret bits though. *wink wink*